Sports for you, sports for me, sports for ALL

It is quite plain and simple: this is where you go to find your sports scores, stories, features, trivia and more.
The Concordian is the only place you will read about the stories that touch our athletes’ lives, the scores they put up on the boards, and the trip that is a season of varsity sports.
We will go out of our way to make sure you, the readers, get your fill of Stingers’ news and excitement with thorough game coverage, in-depth analysis, and behind the scenes action.
Concordia features outstanding men’s hockey team that is on the verge of becoming Quebec’s best university squad, and a women’s team that has been so good for so many years, they don’t remember what losing is like. Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams are delightful to watch, and are always in the running for a title. Rugby and soccer are quite well represented by fantastic teams in both the male and female categories. We also have an exciting football team that is looking dangerous after one of its weaker seasons last year, and a competitive wrestling team.
But it’s important to know that we’re not just about varsity sports. The intramural scene at Montreal’s “other” university is alive and kicking with thousands of participants in vibrant hockey, basketball, volleyball and other leagues.
This year will see the launch of a new column in Concordia’s only source for sports entitled “Your Sports.”
This one’s all about the majority of Concordia’s athletes, the ones who don’t play at the varsity level.
With intramural features such as a game of the week, MVP selections, scoreboards, standings andhuman interest stories, “Your Sports” is really about your sports.
And what better way to pique a reader’s interest, than by trivia and prizes!
The sports team will test your knowledge weekly with a trivia contest where participants will be able to win passes to Stingers games, amongst other great prizes.
We want our readers to get involved, to tell us what they want to read, to tell us what they want to see…we are always looking for some feedback, and we are quite open to suggestions and input. We even invite any and all to take a stab at writing.
For feedback and the 411 on how to become a writer, all you have to do is send us an email at [email protected], or you can visit us at our website: theconcordian.com and tell us what you think.
Thank you in advance for your attention and participation on behalf of the entire Concordian sports team.

Noah Sidel and Kevin Mio,

Sports Editors