Time Out

Here’s a quick look at how your teams have fared over the past little while.

Last week in basketball:
The women’s Stingers b-ball team is on a bit of a roll. Led by captain Marie-Pier Veilleux and star Rosie Douglas, they reeled off two huge victories last week.
In the first game against the McGill Martlets last Thursday, Douglas and Veilleux put it together with a three-pointer and two last second foul shots, respectively to give the Stingers the 68-67 win.
On Saturday, it was again Douglas who led her team in their 75-54 thrashing of the Bishop’s Gaiters.
“We realized that after we lost to [Bishop’s] last week, we should be able to play past their level with determination and confidence,” Douglas said in a Concordia press release.
The men finally got their first regular season victory by beating the Gaiters as well.
After losing to McGill on Thursday 99-82, they squeaked by Bishop’s 60-55.
Gavin Musgrave lead the way for Concordia once again with 11 points and four steals in the win, not to mention his 24 points and four rebounds in the loss.
Oddly enough, however, the men now sit only two points out of a playoff spot, despite their awful 1-9 conference record. The women are in second at 5-5.

Last week in hockey:
With a huge win against the McGill Martlets on Wednesday and a split non-conference weekend, the Stingers are ranked fourth in the country and remain Concordia’s best team.
Leanne Martel was the Stingers’ best player last week with four goals and five points over the three games.
With an 11-2-1 QSSF record, they are a lock for the playoffs, and once again a contender for the national championship.
The men are a slightly different story.
They sit a 8-10-1 in the OUA-Far East division, and it looks like they are on the way to an early golf season.
After a devastating loss to Toronto on Friday, they managed to get a win against Ryerson on Saturday.
www.theconcordian.com