Ever wonder what supreme emo rockers Hot Rod Circuit think about the rock revival, Flava Flav or the dentist?

Ever wonder what supreme emo rockers Hot Rod Circuit think about the rock revival, Flava Flav or the dentist? Casey, Mike, Andy of Hot Rod sat down and answered these tedious questions for Jasamine White-Gluz of The Concordian. Their latest release, Sorry About tomorrow, is out now on Vagrant Records.

Jasamine White-Gluz: So what have been some highlights of your constant touring in the last year?

Casey: About two months ago in our hometown we played our first headlining show in a couple years and we played for 2 hours or so.

Andy: Leeds and Redding (ed. European music festivals) this past summer was also incredible. It has always been something I have just wanted to go see, and getting to play there was amazing.

JW: What’s the routine here when you’re out on the road?

Casey: The three S’s…shit, shave, shower, shampoo…wait that’s four S’s… wait, I don’t shampoo…

JW: What has been your career high and low?

Andy: Making the last record was a bunch of highs and lows together. The lows really have been that we’ve been a struggling rock band eating shit for nine years.

JW: Now’s your time to rant about something that everyone seems to think is a big deal.

Andy: Emo Music. There’s no such thing as emo.

Casey: Whether or not Britney is a virgin.  The rock revival. Rock’s been alive forever, all these neo-garage bands that think their bringing something back-F**k you, people have been playing this for a long time and if you don’t know where to look for it then you’re f**king stupid. 

JW: What was your most memorable day job? 

Andy: I worked at a cookie company once.

Casey: I worked as a birthday party clown, I was a sandwich artist at Subways.

Mike: I worked at an inner tubing company, I would hand out tubes and life jackets to people.

JW: What is your greatest fear?

Mike: The dentist. I hate having metal things stuck between my teeth. I go, but I fear the dentist more than I fear dying.

Casey: Home invasion is pretty scary. Snipers.

JW: If you could have any celebrity/political figure over for a home made dinner, who would it be and what would you make them?

Casey: Kurt Cobain and I would make him veggie corn dogs.

Mike: Strange Brew. Kids in the Hall.

Andy: Nickleback. Let’s clean out the van so we can get across the border.

Casey: Avril Lavigne. Alanis.

JW: Tell me a funny story involving yourself and a random celebrity.  

Andy: Flava Flav gave me a high five walking down the street. He had the clock on and everything. I go “What’s up Flav?” and he goes “What’s up, Boyyyy.” He had the huge, baggy street on. He’s a DJ in the city.