The stupid things customers say…

If you’ve ever worked at a job that requires customer service, you would know all about the stupid things customers say. When I worked in a flower shop, you wouldn’t believe the things I heard. If only I had been honest and told them what I actually thought.

“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
Scott Adams, US cartoonist

“Excuse me do you work here?”
No! When I go out to do my shopping I like to wear a pink apron with the name of this shop on it.

“Should I put these in water?”
Are you a moron? Please don’t even bother buying these. If I sold flowers to Attila they would have a better chance of surviving!

“Is that price in Canadian dollars?”
Surprise! You’re in the first florist game show shop, we set our prices in Rupees, and if you can convert them within next 15 minutes you get a free daisy.

“Is this the only flower shop in this mall?”
Of course not, there are seven more. We love competition! We’re number eight – if you’re looking for number one, it’s down the hall.

“Are these flowers real?”
No, we like to pretend they are; that’s why we put them in water.

“What should I write on the card?”
Why don’t you tell your lovely wife how cheap you are and that you wouldn’t spend that extra $5 to put a red rose in her bouquet?

“Your name is Daisy and you work here, is that intentional?”
Of course, my mom named me Daisy purposely so I would work in flowers. My brother is a baker. His name is Pumpernickel.