Stingers trounce Gaiters to become 4-0

The Concordia Stingers improved their record to 4-0 with a 41-11 win over the Bishop’s Gaiters in Lennoxville.

The defence once again was superb, not allowing a point for the third straight game. Bishop’s points came on two safeties and an interception return for a touchdown.

Scott Syvret had his best game of the season so far, completing 10 of 14 passes for 245 yards and four touchdowns. Andrew Hamilton led the Stingers with 23 yards rushing, while Shem Gibson led the team in receiving with three catches for 134 yards and a touchdown.

Nathan Agadzi, playing his first game after missing two games with an injury, led the team with five tackles. Pat Donovan had 4.5 tackles. The defence has now gone 14 quarters without allowing a point, and the team has allowed 37 points in four games, 15 of those points coming against the defence. The Stingers also held Quebec’s leading rusher, Jamaal Lee to 58 yards on 17 carries.

The Stingers take their 4-0 record back home to face the McGill Redmen on Saturday at 1 p.m.. The game is the annual Shrine Bowl, and will be televised on RDS.

Concordia remains in sixth spot in the rankings. The only changes were Alberta moving up to ninth and UBC jumping into the rankings at tenth spot. Sherbrooke, after losing to Laval, dropped out of the top-10.