THE BUZZ

Stewart and Gill honoured

Karen Stewart of the women’s soccer team and Scott Gill of the men’s rugby team were named Concordia’s athletes of the week.

Stewart played well in all of Concordia’s three games this week, one win and two losses. The first year striker had two goals and one assist this past week. Her two goals came in Concordia’s 4-0 win over the Bishop’s Gaiters on Sunday.

Scott Gill was instrumental in the men’s rugby team’s 2-0 record this week. He controlled Concordia’s backs and put tremendous pressure on McGill, giving his team chances to score. He also connected on two converts in his team’s win against the Redmen. On Sunday, he helped the Stingers win 15-13 over the Bishop’s Gaiters. He kicked a penalty goal in the dying minutes to put Concordia ahead.

Men’s rugby keeps rolling

While the women’s team finished their regular season in third place in the Quebec conference after two tightly contested games with the McGill Martlets, the defending QSSF champions are on a roll. They have won four straight games going into their final regular season game of the season at home against the Sherbrooke Vert et Or on Friday at 7:30 p.m. They have a record of 6-1 on the season.

We are sorry basketball fans

If you looked at the section, you’ll see that the basketball previews are missing again. We apologize from the bottom of our round, orange, bouncy hearts. They should be in here next week, but don’t hold your breath because we aren’t promising anything.

This week in Concordia sports

At Concordia this week, three teams are in action at Loyola. The men’s rugby team plays Friday against Sherbrooke at 7:30 p.m. The football team takes on St. Mary’s at 1 p.m. on Saturday while the men’s hockey team play Sunday at 3 p.m. against Ottawa. The women’s soccer, hockey and rugby teams have away games this week.