Summer with CUTV

You might be going away on vacation this summer, but Concordia University Television (CUTV) is sticking around to give at-risk Montreal high school students an opportunity to learn about television and movie producing.
CUTV’s Summer Video Bootcamp is a two-week intensive interactive training session on digital video. The camp will work with 32 high school students.
By merging CUTV expertise with the students’ desire to learn more about film, organizers are hopeful the program will be helpful.
“We want to give an opportunity to those who might not otherwise have access to this type of equipment or education,” said CUTV station manager Jason Gondziola.
This community partnership with Little Burgundy is all part of a new effort to become more involved in Montreal.
“We want to be a positive force throughout the Montreal community,” said Gondziola.
“We want to use our membership and focus, our outreach on those who come from working class backgrounds.”
Other programs taking place this summer include a collaboration with the Native Friendship Centre of Montreal, one-on-one internships, and small-scale productions throughout Montreal.
Last year CUTV worked with the Atwater Digital Literacy Project, loaning out equipment and mentoring those who needed help editing their work. The project was deemed a major success by both the kids and CUTV staff.

Summer Video Bootcamp runs from July 28 until August 8. To learn more or help out with the projects go to the CUTV website at www.cutv.concordia.ca.