Oasis attacked onstage!

Noel Gallagher of Oasis was assaulted during their Sunday night set at the Virgin Festival in Toronto. The British band was performing their hit single “Morning Glory” when a man from the audience dodged security and raced on stage tackling Noel Gallagher to the ground. The attacker was about to have a go at his next target, Liam Gallagher, until security intervened and the musicians retreated backstage.
It doesn’t come as surprise that people would want to muzzle the cocky Gallagher brothers. Noel in particular is infamous for his crude comments that have generated enemies at home and abroad from fellow Brit Amy Winehouse to American rapper Jay-Z.
Despite Noel’s injuries, the Gallaghers and the unthreatened band members were in a crowd-pleasing mood. Oasis returned to the stage 10 minutes later to perform another handful of songs including favorites “Don’t Look Back In Anger” and “Wonderwall”.
The Brits closed the evening with a cover of the Beatles’ “I Am the Walrus” and Gallagher was then taken to hospital for attention to ligament damage and a possible fractured rib.
The reported 47 year old assailant is held on assault charges while the band now contemplates their Tuesday show date in London, Ontario.