$69 million to Concordia from gov.

Concordia University received nearly $69 million in infrastructure funding from the federal and provincial governments, university president Judith Woodsworth announced last Wednesday.
Concordia and Ecole Polytechnique at Université de Montréal are the most recent Quebec schools to cash in on the Knowledge Infrastructure Program. The Industry Canada stimulus is a two-year, $2 billion tool to help post-secondary institutions across the country maintain and build new infrastructure.
Concordia received over $37.3 million from the Government of Quebec and more than $31.5 million from the federal government.
Woodworth said the funds will be used to build three research facilities 8212; two at Loyola and the other, a solar simulator, in the basement of the Hall building.
The PERFORM Research Centre at Loyola will focus on teaching and training in athletic therapy and cardiorespiratory physiology. It will second as a therapy centre for injured athletes and individuals suffering from specific health problems.
The Structural and Functional Genomics Centre will provide facilities for researching crop improvement and sustainable biotechnology. It will be housed in a new wing of the science complex already at Loyola.