CFS-Q petition circulates at concordia

President of Canadian Federation of Students8212;Quebec, Gregory Johannson, was seen talking to students in line waiting to pay their tuition last week.
The students were also approached and offered to sign a petition to leave the CFS, Canada’s largest student lobby group that represents students at over 80 universities across the country.
Johannson said he did not want to either confirm or deny that he was involved in getting students to sign any petition last week.
Concordia is one of 12 Canadian universities whose students began petitions calling for referendums to question their student unions’ membership with the CFS.
The Concordia Student Union and the Graduate Student Association are both members.
Petitions at each of the universities involved need signatures from 10 per cent of its student body in order to trigger a referendum at that school.
At Concordia, that translates to a little over 3,000 signatures.

President of Canadian Federation of Students-Quebec, Gregory Johannson, was seen talking to students in line waiting to pay their tuition last week.