Home Property sale reaches final stages

Property sale reaches final stages

by admin February 2, 2010

The $3.25 million sale of Concordia’s Bishop Court building is almost finalized. Having received approval from Ministry of Culture as well as the necessary legal documents from the buyer’s notary, the closing date is set for February 2010.

Concordia staff with offices there will be relocated. Sustainable Concordia, which moved to the Bishop St. location during the winter 2009 semester, will be moving to a location above the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy on McKay St. Feb. 12.
Though it is possible Concordia will lease some space in Bishop Court following the sale, the university’s vice-president services Michael Di Grappa said such an arrangement “would only be for the short term until other space becomes available elsewhere in the university.”

Concordia has been cutting back on the amount of space it rents in the city. Health Services, which recently moved to the GM building, was Concordia’s last lease in the ER building (on Guy St. north of de Maisonneuve Blvd.). The university now rents space in only three buildings 8212; the CL building on Ste. Catherine St. W., the CB building on René Lévesque Blvd. W. and the FG building in the Faubourg Tower.
The space rented in those three buildings represents 51,503 square-feet of rented space, according to Facilities Management. In 2004-2005, the university rented 377,000 square-feet of space.