Home CSU elections: slate previews

CSU elections: slate previews

by admin March 16, 2010

CSU elections: slate previews

by admin March 16, 2010

FUSION

Morgan Pudwell: vice president sustainability and promotions

If elected, what project or issue will be your main focus?
We cannot make any headway with regards to the grave climate issues facing us now, if the efforts in which we make are not both environmentally, ethically and financially sustainable. On the side of promotion, my main focus would be to increase promotion of all student events in a sustainable and responsible way.
What about the current CSU do you want to change next year?
I think the best way to make these changes is to make the CSU more accessible to students with monthly town hall meetings at both campuses, allowing students to come and speak directly to their representative and executives in a comfortable atmosphere.

Andres Lopez: VP student life

Orientation will be the biggest project I work on, but I cannot wait to start new social initiatives and work with my execs to make our projects better than any other CSU yet.
I want the CSU to be more involved with the faculty associations. Coming from an association with Commerce and Administration Students’ Association, I feel that the connection is not there. If we could collaborate more and support each other’s projects more, then the students would benefit.

Nikki Tsoflikis: VP finance

As VP finance, my main focus will be providing a more transparent budget.
I would love to see JMSB work with the CSU more. By working together the CSU can work on making Concordia an even better university, which will be hard since it is already the best university! But I am up for the challenge.

Heather Lucas: VP services

Should I be elected as VP services I will focus a lot on the Housing and Job Bank as well as expanding the Legal Information Clinic.
What I want to change about the current CSU is more interaction between the student body and the executives. I feel that one of the root causes for student apathy is that the students feel as if their needs aren’t being met.

Adrien Severyns: VP external & projects

Some of the main things I want to focus on are: getting out of the Canadian Federation of Students, working more with the Fédération étudiante universitaire du Québec, launching our student centre and continuing the successes of the Speaker Series.

Ramy Khoriaty: VP clubs and outreach

I think should be improved is the CSU’s ability and effort to reach more students by doing different types of events and offering different services that target all of our students.
Why should people vote for you?
I have fixation on other peoples’ happiness, and I would do anything to see every single person of the 30,000 members of the CSU be happy and satisfied with their union.

Hassan Abdullahi: VP Loyola & advocacy

If elected I hope to further expand the facilities at the Hive so as to ensure more students can be accommodated and benefit from it.

COMMUNITY

Andrea Kessler: VP external

As VP external I would be predominantly focused on acquiring student space, and the co-ordination of student groups in utilizing that space. Additionally, I will be advocating the removal of the CFS and replacing them with groups who better represent the interests of Concordia students.
I want to facilitate better communication between the CSU and the associations, faculties, departments and clubs that compose the Concordia community.
Why should people vote for you?
Because I think students are sick of having a CSU that inadequately represents their interests. Students are intentionally left in the dark by the current administration and I want to defend the rights that they sometimes aren’t even aware that they have. Just like Batman.

Tala Aoudi: VP finance

If elected, my first project will be to write an investment policy statement for the union. This will lead our investment strategy throughout our time horizon. My main focus will be to successfully grow our funds in order to subsidize spending of our community currency in student-operated resources, services and organizations. I also intend to make the CSU budget more detailed and our spending more efficient while ensuring wider distrobution of the CSU budget so students can actually know where it is there money is going.
I would like to make the CSU a more transparent union that is more accessible to students. I plan to develop a real working investment portfolio as well as a more detailed budget breakdown. I am really excited to implement the new community currency which will help create a sense of community among our students both in the SGW and Loyola campuses.

Peter Bishop: VP sustainability & Loyola

My primary projects concern sustainability issues that will hold focus is creating a carbon neutral CSU – offsetting emissions through Trees Canada (as well as helping to extend this project to other clubs organizations throughout Concordia). This objective is currently on the CSU books, but they have failed to meet these objectives – I promise to change this.
My focus at Loyola will be extending all of CSU’s services to the campus – for too long the downtown campus has monopolized many CSU services, leaving them inaccessible to Loyola students. If elected I will work tirelessly at ensuring students feel this is one university with two campuses, and that all students, at all campuses, should be given the same services (including tutoring, health services, Legal, HOJO, etc.)

Moody Jones: VP social

Organizing of events. Creating links between different associations, as well as other associations in other schools. Reducing costs of events while increasing number of students at events. Change some of the aspects of orientation by encouraging associations to assist and develop in the process.
Why should people vote for you?
Cause I keep it real. Vote Moody Jones!

FUSION

Andres Lopez: VP student life

Nikki Tsoflikis: VP finance

Heather Lucas: VP services

Adrien Severyns: VP external & projects

Ramy Khoriaty: VP clubs and outreach

Why should people vote for you?

Hassan Abdullahi: VP Loyola & advocacy

COMMUNITY

Andrea Kessler: VP external

Why should people vote for you?

Tala Aoudi: VP finance

Moody Jones: VP social

Why should people vote for you?
Cause I keep it real. Vote Moody Jones!