Home Shuttle bus is less than ideal during winter season

Shuttle bus is less than ideal during winter season

by admin February 1, 2011

by admin February 1, 2011

As if getting through a Montreal winter is not hard enough, the Concordia shuttle bus that transports students between the two campuses has been rather indolent this winter term.

Students who have class on both campuses in one day are getting in the awful habit of being late to class. There has to be a way for us to still manage to be on time, and Concordia should be looking to do things so that can be possible. Shuttle buses now leave each campus every 25 minutes (or so). Last semester, a shuttle bus would leave each campus every 10 to 15 minutes during peak hours.

Concordia has blamed the longer times on construction throughout the city, but the school has also said buses would “try to leave quickly” when arrived to a campus. Experience has shown in the last month that this is simply not true. There is still a schedule drivers must adhere to, and they will not leave earlier than the times listed. What is more frustrating is waiting in line to get onto an empty shuttle bus when no one is allowed on. It would be really nice if the drivers could let us wait inside. They don’t have to turn the heat on, but the insulated buses could offer great relief from the frigid, face-freezing temperatures outside.

So if the buses are just sitting there, empty, they are definitely not leaving as quickly as possible. If they are scheduled to leave every 25 minutes but are often parked at either campus for, sometimes, more than 10 minutes before leaving, then drivers are making the trip in less than 25 minutes.

If students travelling between both campuses will constantly be late to class, can they at least be let inside the buses to alleviate chances of getting hypothermia?