Getting tough on extra pounds – military style

Have you ever stood in front of the mirror and criticized certain parts of your body, longing for the perfect abs, the most toned legs andthe ultimate physique that will have people drooling in envy? The key ingredient to achieving that comes in only two words: military cardio.

When most of us hear the words military cardio, we tend to think of painfully intense army workouts. But this cardiovascular exercise is probably one of the best ways to lose weight while also having fun. Had a hard day at the office? Don’t sit back and unwind, but rather, liberate your tension by getting your muscles pumping and letting the juices flow.

Military cardio, also known as “boot camp,”  is doable for fitness devotees of all ages. It works every muscle in your body with the use of plenty of leg work, pelvis raises, squats and side lunges while integrating push-ups, jumping jacks, and sit-ups.
Although most of us might not want to admit it, the main thing we all want to know while exercising is how many calories we’d be burning in the process. The loss of calories can vary depending on a person’s age, weight, how much energy they put into the workout, and of course, how motivated they are. Military cardio encourages people to alternate rapidly between movements, allowing calories and fat to burn faster, possibly even up to a thousand calories a day.
Annalisa Ferrara, a certified military cardio trainer at Énergie Cardio, strongly believes that this type of training offers the quickest results when it comes to burning calories and getting in shape. “My classes last one hour and I do not accept any breaks in between. My job as a trainer is to motivate people to push beyond their limitations, whether it’s to lose a few pounds or simply to maintain a healthier lifestyle.”
Music and setting have a large impact on performance as well. “What I love about the cardio military classes is that it can be done in any setting at any time. All you need is the right motivation, a water bottle and some uplifting music,” said Cynthia Alfonsi, a Concordia student who attends military cardio classes on a weekly basis. In other words, the focus is on the discipline and motivation provided by the trainers so you don’t cheat or take baby steps.
This popular aerobic exercise has positive affects not only on the body, but on the mind as well.
“I see progress with my clients everyday not only physically but mentally,” said Ferrara. “Not only do they exercise more but their eating habits have changed drastically. People want to maximize their own potential and surpass them once reached. Some of them have even quit smoking!”
Evidently, just like there are advantages to these workouts, there are disadvantages also. Military boot camp is not recommended for those who suffer high or low blood pressure or those who are pregnant. Trainers suggest that their clients not attend classes more than twice a week as a way of allowing their bodies to get into the pace of things.
Military cardio can alienate itself from other aerobics such as hot yoga for instance, because it focuses on numerous aspects of the body, allowing you to work your upper and lower biceps and triceps, upper and lower back, as well as your chest and quadriceps. The main objective is to gain muscle mass and strength as well as resistance.
“It was tough for me to get used to the workouts at the beginning, but the overall result is definitely worth it. Once class ends, you feel a sense of accomplishment,” said Alfonsi.
One should also focus on reorganizing their diet by eating smaller portions six times a day which includes lots of protein and vegetables as well as water. Not only does this type of workout help you obtain a healthier lifestyle, it also helps increase stamina, and for couples, we all know what a little stamina can do, right? 

A membership at Énergie Cardio gives you access to the military cardio class, but you don’t have to be a member to sign up.
Student cost with gym membership: $323 for six months
Student cost without membership: $153 per semester
Classes vary at each Énergie Cardio gym; to find a location, head to www.energiecardio.com.

1. That’s exactly what I would need!  Thanks for the informations so well described.