Stingers’ athletes of the year

Men’s basketball – Evens Laroche

Evens Laroche was always consistent in what was an up and down season for the Stingers this year. He started 13 of 15 games and led the team with an average of 15.1 points per game. Laroche was second in terms of minutes played and led the team in steals. He was named an RSEQ first team all-star.

Women’s basketball – Kaylah Barrett

Kaylah Barrett was influential in the Stingers making it to the RSEQ championship game. Barrett led the team averaging 15.3 points per game. She also led the Stingers in free throw percentage and attempts. Barrett was named RSEQ MVP and a a CIS first team all-Canadian for the second consecutive year, as well as a RSEQ first team all-star for the third year in a row.

Football – Nathan Taylor

Taylor, a fourth-year player from LaSalle, compiled solid statistics across the board this season, with 36.5 total tackles, along with three interceptions. He also recovered one fumble and played a supporting role in the kick return department. His strong campaign was recognized at the team’s awards banquet, where he won the team’s overall MVP award and was named this year’s most dedicated Stinger.

Andrew Maggio, Concordian staff writer

Men’s hockey – Etienne Archambault

Etienne Archambault is the Stingers player of the year. The Sainte-Hyacinthe, native was the only Stinger to record double-digits in goal scoring with 11 points. After an impressive rookie campaign in which he recorded eight points in 10 games, the star forward finished the 2012-2013 season  on top the team’s scoring list with 21 points  in 25 games. Archambault will return to the maroon and gold next fall.

Anthony Abbondanza, Concordian Staff Writer

Women’s hockey – Veronique Laramée-Paquette

In a disappointing season where the Concordia stingers could only muster up two wins, there were several standout players.One in particular was fifth year winger, Veronique Laramée-Paquette. The native of Mont. Tremblant, Laramée-Paquette led the team in goals, with a  total of six and in points with a total of 17. She was also a team asset in offense.

Women’s rugby – Bianca Farella 

Farella led the Stingers women’s rugby team to an RSEQ Championship win and fourth place at the nationals. In what was her rookie season at Concordia, she was an RSEQ all-star, CIS all-Canadian and CIS Rookie of the Year.

Men’s Rugby – Joseph Fulginiti

Joseph Fulginiti, center and kicker, led the Stingers with 40 total points this season. The Île-Bizard native scored one try, 10 conversions and five penalties. He was the third highest point getter in the RSEQ conference. He was named a conference all-star along with four of his teammates.

Men’s soccer – Andrew Bryan

Andrew Bryan joined the men’s soccer team in time for the 2012 season. In the outdoor fall season, he led the team with five goals and two assists. In the indoor winter season, he was even more lethal, finishing with five goals in six appearances. Bryan was a first team RSEQ all-star and a second team CIS all-Canadian.

Women’s soccer – Jennifer Duff

Jennifer Duff had a standout season with the Stingers. The striker led her side with 12 goals and three assists in 14 appearances in the fall season. In the indoor season, she scored four times in six matches. Duff was a first team RSEQ all-star and was recognized as an RSEQ and CIS athlete of the week in late October.