JMSB’s MBA program second greenest in the world

On Sept. 23, results from Corporate Knights magazine’s inaugural Global Green Survey showed that Concordia’s John Molson School of Business master of business administration program is ranked second in the world.

The award-winning publication, founded in 2002, is published only four times per year and can be found as an insert in the Globe and Mail and the Washington Post. Focusing on the intersection of business and society, Corporate Knight’s vision is to provide information to empowering markets creating incentive to foster a better world.

The Global Green Survey evaluates how effectively MBA programs around the globe incorporate sustainability into their business education. The magazine has been ranking Canadian MBA programs in the last nine years and JMSB has always ranked among the best nationally.  However, being ranked second globally, reinforces and promotes the strength of the school’s MBA program on an international scale.

“JMSB is a vital link to forward-thinking business leaders who create innovative solutions that work,” said Concordia president Alan Shepard.

“JMSB is committed to ensuring that today’s business decisions lead to a greener, more sustainable future and these survey results recognize that by confirming that JMSB is increasingly being viewed as a global leader in the advancement of sustainable enterprise,” stated Steve Harvey, JMSB dean.

John Molson has worked very hard at integrating sustainability into their programs by hiring forward-thinking faculty who are interested in both ethical and responsible business practices, in addition to focusing on a curriculum that enforces and promotes sustainable enterprise. The school offers two environmentally responsible business-related internship programs and a certificate program for professionals with interests in sustainable investments, with a French version to be launched this fall. JMSB also has two research centres dedicated to scholarships in sustainability.

For any further inquiries about JMSB’s ranking and the 2013 Global Green MBA Survey, consult www.corporateknights.com/greenmba or check it out in print in the fall 2013 issue of Corporate Knights, distributed alongside the Sept. 23 issue of the Globe and Mail.