Music In The News – Nov. 19, 2013

Stevie Nicks’ American Horror Story cameo

Fleetwood Mac songstress Stevie Nicks will be heading to the small screen in the current installment of American Horror Story: Coven. This season centers around a school of witches in present day New Orleans. Nicks, often nicknamed “the White Witch” because of her gypsy-like onstage apparel and at times mystical lyrics, will play herself on the show and will apparently perform a duet with another witch, according to Rolling Stone.

Paul McCartney asks for the release of detained Greenpeace protesters

No stranger to political activism, rock legend Paul McCartney posted an open letter on his website requesting the release of detained Greenpeace protesters in Russia. The protesters were arrested earlier in September for rallying against “a Russian oil drilling platform in the Arctic Ocean,” according to Rolling Stone. The 30 protesters arrested were charged with piracy and hooliganism and face up to seven years in prison.

Breaking Bad’s Walt Jr. looking to pursue music

After the monster success of AMC’s Breaking Bad actor RJ Mitte, who played Walter “Flynn” White Jr. in the hit series, has decided to pursue a musical career on the side. Mitte, who has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy, admitted on the Red Carpet in Amsterdam that he does struggle with playing instruments because he only has “one good hand and one good ear.” Since Breaking Bad, Mitte has been working on ABC Family’s Switched At Birth.

Bieber in hot water with German authorities over monkey scandal

Earlier in March, Canadian teen pop sensation Justin Bieber was stopped by customs officials in a Munich airport for allegedly not having the proper documentation for his pet monkey, Mally. After placing the monkey under quarantine, German authorities requested to transfer ownership of the primate over to a local zoo since Bieber did not file for its ownership on time. According to NME, a lawyer for the German Federal Agency for Nature Conservation claims that the pop star has an outstanding bill to pay over the matter of several thousand pounds. If not paid, Bieber may be denied future access into the country.

Britney Spears TV documentary to air in December

Rolling Stone reports that starlet Britney Spears’ new TV documentary I Am Britney Jean will air in late December. The documentary will show interviews with the singer and glimpses into Spears’ personal life. In a recent statement, E! network revealed that the documentary will allow viewers to take “an intimate look at one of the most overexposed yet under-revealed stars of today.” I Am Britney Jean will air on Dec.22.