Biology Student Association hosts Sexpo 69

Photo by Keith Race

For your enjoyment and education and just in time for Valentine’s Day, the Concordia Biology Student Association will present Sexpo 69, an event that aims to provide students with both fun and factual information on sexuality.

Photo by Keith Race

Set to take place on Feb. 12, the idea of Sexpo 69 was born out of the BSA’s desire to do something for students to mark the occasion of Valentine’s Day.

“Originally, we wanted to host something fun like a tea party, but we felt maybe it was a bit too girly,”said Rasha Al-Homsy, VP Internal for the BSA.

With the desire to create a fun event for both male and female students, their Valentine theme began to gear more towards sex than love.  Eventually the BSA team came to the conclusion that they wanted to provide Concordia students with information on sexuality and health services at Concordia, in addition to exploring a more fun side, which would look into fetishes and sex toys.

Highlighting the event will be guest speaker Dr. Jim Pfaus, a Concordia psychology professor whose research specializes in sexual behavior. Speaking at Sexpo 69 about his research on rats, Dr. Pfaus will explain how different fetishes and sexual preferences appeal to different people.

“We asked Dr. Pfaus to speak at our event because after working with him, we know he is not only down to earth but that he is very knowledgeable on the subject of sexuality and well known in the scientific community,” said Eva Fog, a member of the BSA.

Concordia Health Services, the Centre of Sexual Pleasure and Health, Queer Concordia and, Concordia’s Centre for Gender Advocacy,will each be hosting a booth in order to provide education and information on sexual health services. There will also be a fetish booth and a sex toy booth.

The sex toy booth will offer both information and options for purchasing.Should you wish to purchase a toy, the booth will be set up with forms where you can select the toy model you would like and set up a payment method so that your toy will be delivered to your home. This option is available to provide students with a bit more privacy, should they choose to make such a purchase.

The BSA in collaboration with the Association of Biochemistry And Chemistry Undergraduate Students (ABACUS), Communications Guild (COMS), Journalism Students Association (JSA) and Science College Student Associations (SCSA), welcomes students from all faculties to come and check out  Sexpo 69.

The event will be held in the basement of the SP building at Concordia’s Loyola Campus from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.