CASA Cares plans to take you on a fashion-fueled European journey

Press photo
Press photo

On Thursday, March 27 CASA Cares has plans to take you from Paris to Berlin for their 11th annual fashion show “Come Away With Me” to benefit the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation.

The event will be held at Arena nightclub from 9 to 11 p.m. with an afterparty to follow. The show will present the 2014 spring and summer collections of various Canadian designers. Throughout the past decade, CASA Care’s fashion shows have raised and donated over $96,000 to the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation.

CASA Cares is the non-profit segment of the Commerce and Administration Student Association (CASA) at Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business.

“We hope to reach our goal of $110,000 by the end of our 11th year,” said CASA Cares’ President, Melissa Payette.“The 17 members of the CASA Cares association have been split up into task teams, working hard to get all the work done.”

The association hired some outside help; Natalie Solomon and Myriam Feltham-Lauzon will be working as  VP Fashion Sponsorship and model co-ordinator, respectively, along with 25 volunteers.

Payette was excited to announce that all 31 models participating in the event have set up donations pages to raise extra funds for the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation, which has never been done in previous years.

Not all of the designers have been finalized as of yet, but some confirmed highlights will be Dylan Ribkoff, Aqua Di Lara, New Regime, Red Factory, and Annie 50.

The association has themed and organized the entire fashion show from décor to lighting to provide attendees with the feeling of a 24-hour European getaway. The show will start off in Paris proceeding to a beach in Barcelona for the afternoon, then on to London for dinner, finishing off the night with a rave in Berlin. The clothing has been chosen specifically to reflect the fashion needs of all these situations.

The event will also have a photo booth and a silent auction.

The auction is being sponsored with prizes from MAC make-up, Lululemon, tickets for Bal en Blanc, and a hockey stick signed by the entire Habs hockey team.

The Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation was established in 1973 with the mission “to support excellence in care at The Montreal Children’s Hospital of the McGill University Health Centre.” The money raised from the annual fashion shows goes towards an emergency fund within the foundation.

For more in depth information on the The Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation, check out the hospital’s website at http://childrenfoundation.com/your-gifts-at-work/most-urgent-needs.php

For more information and to purchase your ticket visit https://www.facebook.com/events/482789141820543/

“CASA Cares is committed to promoting social awareness and responsibility within the JMSB community. We bring students together to raise funds benefiting great charities and non-profit community organizations in the advocacy, cultural, health and human service sectors in the Montreal community” explained CASA Cares VP Communications, Frederique Bouchard.