Recommendation to take Concordia University Security Department training

I would highly recommend that all students invest in themselves and attend the training workshop organized by the Concordia University Security Department. The link to have more information on the training session can be found online at: http://security.concordia.ca/prevention/training/rad/

I sincerely hope that no students will ever have to use the skills learned in the trainings, but having these tools at your disposal can come in handy.

Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) training, is only for women. The instructors are Lyne Denis and Valerie Bolduc, and they are phenomenal women with a wealth of knowledge and experience. The instructors are also VERY considerate of any existing personal physical injuries that the participants have, and you will be well taken care of. Although the training is called Rape Aggression Defense, the tools learned in the training can be used in other situations that women will face. This training lasts between 9-12 hours long, and only costs $20. It is very important to note that it is a very reasonable cost considering the duration of the training, and that once you finish the RAD training, there is a lifetime practice policy. This policy allows any person to attend any RAD training workshop around North America free of charge! It is a very good investment in not only yourself, but your future, and I highly recommend it.

The training is an amazing opportunity to meet other people from around the University. I would highly recommend that everyone learn more about the trainings, and register for whichever training suits your needs.

-Melissa Lemieux