Happening in and around the White Cube this week…

Fine Arts Reading Room & Mobile Art Lab: Bookbinding workshop

Joining forces with the Mobile Art Lab, funded by the Concordia University PT Professional Development Grant, the Fine Arts Reading Room introduces a bookbinding workshop. The 5 hole pamphlet, codex with multiple signatures and Japanese stab binding are the methods being taught.

Where: EV Junction (EV2.785)

When: Jan. 23 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.

The workshop is first come first served.

Vernissage and artist talk: Little Egypt Doesn’t Dance Here Anymore

Presenting a work featuring Little Egypt, the first belly dancer to perform in North America, Articule and Nahed Mansour have curated an installation of drawings and video, documenting the direct and indirect interpretations of belly dance throughout the last 100 years.

Where: Articule, 262 Fairmount W.

Vernissage: Jan. 25 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Artist talk: Jan. 26 at 3 p.m.

Admission is free.

OLYA ZARAPINA : H3B 1A2: 2019.TBD
Born in Kyiv, Ukraine, Olya Zarapina studied and now practices in Montreal. Her work explores one’s relationship to their environment through photographic and film processes. OLYA ZARAPINA : H3B 1A2: 2019.TBD documents visitors’ experiences in Montreal’s beloved Belgo Building, home to many art galleries and artist-run centres.

Where: Centre Skol, Belgo Building (372 Sainte-Catherine St. W., suite 314)

When: Now until Feb. 16

Admission is free.

Les Baigneurs:  Victor Yudaev

Presented as part of the project “Conversations Montréal-Lyon,” Victor Yudaev is inspired by his four passions: working, walking, swimming and sleeping. These activities intertwine, creating a musical harmony through improvisation. The artist works through diverse mediums. Each piece is different and the star of its own show, but is simultaneously tied to a larger narrative.  

Where: Diagonale, 5455 av. de Gaspé, suite 110.

When: Now until March 16

Admission is free.