Happening in and around the White Cube this week…

Pop-up Exhibition: ICEBREAKER

ICEBREAKER is a multidisciplinary, one night long exhibition featuring the work of over 30 of Concordia’s emerging undergraduate artists. The exhibition will include drawing, printmaking, painting, photography, sculpture, installation, film and performance in the university’s spacious Black Box Theatre.

• When: April 3 from 6 to 10 p.m.
  • Where: Black Box Theatre, EV OS3-845 (Basement)
  • Admission is free.
Conversations in Contemporary Art: Dean Baldwin

Concluding the 2019 Conversations in Contemporary Art is time-based artist, Dean Baldwin. Baldwin lives and works in Montreal, focusing on installation, performance, and photography.According to the Facebook event page, the talk will explore the artist’s search for a collective that, “elevates and underscores our relations. His [work] is the happy chaos of making things happen from the things to hand.”

• When: April 5 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
  • Where: VA building, VA-114
  • Admission is free
Response to Jet du bas dit AA l’eau geut avec l’invisible by Marie-Douce St-Jacques

Local, sound-based artist, Alexandre St-Onge, will work in collaboration with Marie-Douce St-Jacques, an interdisciplinary artist, to engage in an improvisation-based dialogue, “guided by the various performative traces collecting in the exhibition spaces over the past month,” as stated on the Facebook event page. St-Onge’s performative installation, Jet du bas dit AA l’eau geut avec l’invisible will be at the Leonard and Bina Ellen Art Gallery until April 6.

• When: April 6 from 3 to 5 p.m.
  • Where: Leonard and Bina Ellen Art Gallery
  • Admission is free.
  • The event will be held in French.  
Film Screening – After the war with Hannelor – A Berliner War Child’s Testimony from 1945 to 1989

The Concordia German Language Student Association will be screening a touching documentary filmed and directed by G. Scott MacLeod. The event will conclude with a talk led by the director himself.

• When: April 8 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
  • Where: Concordia Hall Building room H-1070
  • Admission is free.