ConU admin seeks help from province

Concordia administration has asked different government ministries to investigate the Concordia Student Union (CSU) on the grounds that they are going against their legal mandate.
In a press release dated Oct. 5, the university asked the general inspector of financial institutions, the Quebec ministry of education and the minister of justice to investigate whether the actions of the current CSU executives goes against their legal mandate.
“These are ludicrous claims,” said Sabrina Stea, president of the CSU, “These allegations are off the wall and I don’t know if they have actually read it. They are missing the context.”
“We are not in a position to do something,” said Dennis Murphy, Concordia’s executive director of communications. “Following the general assembly, we saw that students were dissatisfied with the executive and after receiving numerous complaints, we brought the matter to the province.”
Murphy added that Education Minister, Fran?ois Legault, said that he would not get involved because it was an internal matter and students will take care of it themselves. Nonetheless, Rector and Vice-Chancellor Frederick Lowy will be meeting with representatives of the education minisrty to discuss the handbook and other matters relating to the CSU.
Legault also said in a press conference that