Concordia’s television club to go back on air

Concordia University Television (CUTV), is preparing to resurface. Feb. 7 was their official re-launch party at Saphir. Proceeds from the launch at the St. Laurent club are allocated to the purchase of a new microphone. At the present moment, CUTV has one camera, which members are allowed to take out, as well as editing facilities.

Concordia University Television (CUTV), is preparing to resurface.
Feb. 7 was their official re-launch party at Saphir. Proceeds from the launch at the St. Laurent club are allocated to the purchase of a new microphone. At the present moment, CUTV has one camera, which members are allowed to take out, as well as editing facilities. The purchase of new equipment and funds for projects is currently a large problem.
CUTV is funded by the media fund. Along with CUTV, this fund supports CJLO and the amateur radio club. However, due to the current stand off between the CSU and the university administration the media fund has been frozen until the council of representatives appoints Chris Schulz as president of the union.
Assistant executive producer Linda Haddad expressed the frustration this is causing, as many activities they had planned for February are on hold.
CUTV is trying to get the word out about their existence. Many students have no knowledge of CUTV. The re-launch party was one of numerous activities to inform the students.

0

The Concordian editorial staff

Celebrating the importance of artistic merit