Eat on the cheap around campus

So far life at Concordia under the new food service provider Chartwells has left students wondering if affordable food on campus will be available this fall. Hungry and cash-strapped students may just have to take to the streets, and when it comes to getting the most food for a buck there are some affordable restaurants in walking distance from both the Loyola and the downtown campuses.

So far life at Concordia under the new food service provider Chartwells has left students wondering if affordable food on campus will be available this fall.

Hungry and cash-strapped students may just have to take to the streets, and when it comes to getting the most food for a buck there are some affordable restaurants in walking distance from both the Loyola and the downtown campuses.

The buzz around campus is that Al-Taib, at 2125 Guy street, is one of the most affordable and quickest. A haven for 99 cent pizza lovers, it also offers falafels and manakesh for cheap. For fewer than six dollars you get a Kefta Plate with your choice of salad.

For two dollars more you can chow down on a shish taouk plate, or if you are looking to conserve more money, Al-Taib’s shish taouk pita for $3.99 plus salad will do the trick. There is a small outside terrace and an upstairs eating area. Cramming and can’t cook? Al-Taib also has an affordable take –

A little less known is the Bamboo Dor

0

Miss International Canada Pageant

Both sides must listen