Summer’s best and worst cinematic feats

The summer movie season has finally ended resulting in a record-breaking movie debut that saw the largest opening weekend in cinematic history. As the years go on, the summer movie season keeps growing longer and longer. It used to be that the official Summer Movie Season commenced as the school year let out.

The summer movie season has finally ended resulting in a record-breaking movie debut that saw the largest opening weekend in cinematic history.
As the years go on, the summer movie season keeps growing longer and longer. It used to be that the official Summer Movie Season commenced as the school year let out.

Then, a couple of years ago, studios started to released films as early as June. And now, for the past couple of summers, studio executives have thrown caution to the wind and planned major releases even before the Summer air has penetrated movie theatres.

May 3rd, 2002 was the official day that everything we knew about cinema was thrown out the window.

Inside analysts and executives alike could not forecast the immense opening weekend of Sony’s ‘Spider-Man’. That one film alone in a span of three days (Friday – Monday) took in an approximate $114 million making it the biggest opening weekend ever.

0

Miss International Canada Pageant

Both sides must listen