Sunday Stingers soccer

In Brief The Concordia Stingers women’s soccer team lost 1-0 to the Montreal Carabins on Sunday afternoon at Concordia field. Nadege Akamse scored the only goal of the game in the sixth minute and the Carabins held on for the victory. Concordia couldn’t get one by Montreal keeper Emilie Mercier.

In Brief

The Concordia Stingers women’s soccer team lost 1-0 to the Montreal Carabins on Sunday afternoon at Concordia field. Nadege Akamse scored the only goal of the game in the sixth minute and the Carabins held on for the victory. Concordia couldn’t get one by Montreal keeper Emilie Mercier. Melanie Poirier was once again Concordia’s player of the game and was named Concordia Female Athlete of the Week. Diane Ouimet played for the Stingers and allowed the lone goal.

The Stingers were on the road this week, and beat UQTR 2-1 with goals from Poirier and Stephanie Chacon. Tania Pazcuzzo was named Concordia player of the game. Poirier scored the game winner in the 76th minute to break the 1-1 tie. They also beat the Sherbrooke Vert et Or 3-0 on Tuesday thanks to two goals from Chacon and one by Joanne Barnard

The Concordia Stingers men’s soccer team has shown some improvement since their 8-0 loss to McGillin the season opener. The team had a 2-0 lead against the Sherbrooke Vert et Or with two goals from Jonathan Provost, but gave up five consecutive goals to ultimately lose 5-2. They went on to win their first game of the season on Friday, beating UQTR 2-1 on goals from Matthew Bleeker and Tajick Dependat. They closed off their week with a 0-0 draw against the Montreal Carabins at Concordia field on Sunday afternoon. Steve McCauley was in goal for the Stingers.

The men’s and women’s soccer teams next home double-header is Oct. 2 against Laval.

0

Stingers left red-faced in loss to McGill

Tech Talk