The CONCORDIAN Quotes of the Week

“The biggest misperception is that Mark would grab guys by the scruff of the neck to toe the line about commitment to the team. But he made every player feel like a winner. And for every player if you’re treated like a winner, if you feel like a winner, then you do things indicative of a winner.

“The biggest misperception is that Mark would grab guys by the scruff of the neck to toe the line about commitment to the team. But he made every player feel like a winner. And for every player if you’re treated like a winner, if you feel like a winner, then you do things indicative of a winner.”

— Edmonton Oilers head coach Craig MacTavish about Mark Messier’s leadership abilities on the day the future hall of famer called it a career after 25 seasons.

“I feel very fortunate to be in this situation. A lot of guys who are drafted early go to a team that’s maybe rebuilding, but that’s not the case here.”

– Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins on the eve of his first NHL training camp about the chances of his team in the upcoming NHL season.

0

ConU prepares for the new season

THINK globally