Letter to the Editor

Dear Editor, Being from New York, rather than visiting Montreal to escape our smoking restrictions, we came here slightly put off that the bars and restaurants remained in what seems like the dark ages by continuing to allow it. Certainly everyone has the freedom to live as they choose by having general vices which, when done in private do not immediately affect those around you.

Dear Editor,

Being from New York, rather than visiting Montreal to escape our smoking restrictions, we came here slightly put off that the bars and restaurants remained in what seems like the dark ages by continuing to allow it. Certainly everyone has the freedom to live as they choose by having general vices which, when done in private do not immediately affect those around you. But you have overlooked the fact that by smoking in public places you are forcing your choices onto others who do not choose to inhale toxins with every breath.

I would hope that Montreal has more to be proud of regarding their “European” and “laissez-faire attitude” then having the right to pollute. It would be unfortunate to think that anyone feels the right to get emphysema is one to be proud of.

While it would be sweet, though na

0

Stanley Cup glory for Canada

THINK globally