Tough weekend for Stingers hockey

After dropping Friday night’s game 4-2 against the McGill Redmen, the Stingers were treated to a 7-0 lambasting in the nation’s capital courtesy of division rival the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees. “This sucks,” said veteran backend workhorse Trevor Hawkins.

After dropping Friday night’s game 4-2 against the McGill Redmen, the Stingers were treated to a 7-0 lambasting in the nation’s capital courtesy of division rival the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees.

“This sucks,” said veteran backend workhorse Trevor Hawkins.

Friday night got off to the same start as the week before – with the Stingers and the Redmen at each other’s throat. Just one minute into the game, and seven players were sent to the box.

At 2:09, while killing Phil Seguin’s penalty, Hawkins was given two for cross-checking. McGill gobbled the chance, and assistant captain Doug Orr beat Pat Lepage with a little help from Charles Gauthier.

It stayed at 1-0 for the rest of the period, as the penalty parade continued. Trevor Blanchard and rookie Karl Gagn

0

Major League Baseball's playoff format: Yay or Nay

THINK globally