Concordia student critically injured at Dawson, listed as stable

One of the two gunshot-wound victims still in intensive care at Montreal General Hospital is JMSB student Leslie Markofsky. The vibrant, playful 22-year old from Dollard-des-Ormeaux is in his first year at Concordia. A Dawson graduate, he was visiting some friends at the school on Wednesday when Kimveer Gill opened fire.

One of the two gunshot-wound victims still in intensive care at Montreal General Hospital is JMSB student Leslie Markofsky. The vibrant, playful 22-year old from Dollard-des-Ormeaux is in his first year at Concordia.

A Dawson graduate, he was visiting some friends at the school on Wednesday when Kimveer Gill opened fire. He received two head wounds.

One bullet has been removed and surgeons are apparently waiting to see if the other should be removed.

According to The Gazette, he is still in an induced coma. On Tuesday, it was reported that his condition was listed as stable, but critical.

The other critically injured victim, whose name has not been released to the public, has abdominal and chest wounds.

These two students, of the seven that remain in hospital, are the only ones in critical care. They are reported to have made “slight improvements in the past 72 hours,” according to The Gazette.

The Concordian was not able to get in touch with their families for further information.

0

By the Book

GET YOUR BUTT BEHIND THE YELLOW LINE: OR ELSE...