New club plans to clean up campus, starting with pigeons & butts

Two students, vowing that cleaning makes you feel good, are hoping to start a movement that will see their university grounds transformed. Inspired by the J.M.S.B.’s Aug. 11 clean-up that saw many faculty members and students picking up litter in the streets around Concordia, they are calling themselves the Concordia Clean-up Club.

Charles-Albert Farag and Alexander Cassis, J.M.S.B. finance students, have already started by scubbing “Norman’s crown” – the statue of Norman Bethune in the little park opposite Guy metro station exit – and picking the cigarette butts off the grounds.

Their main goals with starting up C.C.C. are to promote proper recycling, to remove any stray needles for the public’s safety and to work with other clubs to help clean after large events. They also want to help with the enforcement of litter laws to keep the environment and school clean.

The Club is now in the process of becoming a full-fledged Concordia student organization. Farag and Cassis hope to have a kick-off day toward the end of October when they will be joined by new members in their stand-off against litter-ers, butt-throwers and pigeon feeders.

Contact: www.concordia[email protected]

Open to Concordia students and non-students alike.

0

THE BUZZ

Glorious Jabberwocky