Concordia underdogs going into season

If you take a look at the women’s hockey team’s roster for the 2006-07 season, you may find yourself searching for names you recognize. Gone from the team are Janie Brassard, Dominique Rancour, Jodi Gosse, Marie-Pier Cantin-Drouin and Cecilia Anderson, among others.

If you take a look at the women’s hockey team’s roster for the 2006-07 season, you may find yourself searching for names you recognize.

Gone from the team are Janie Brassard, Dominique Rancour, Jodi Gosse, Marie-Pier Cantin-Drouin and Cecilia Anderson, among others. But the Stinger still have a solid group of players on the team headed into the season.

Newly appointed captain Andrea Dolan along with alternates Sophie Beaudry, Angela Di Stasi and Rose Healy will provide the leadership along with returning players like Tawnya Danis, Isabelle Caron, Esther Latoures, Victoria Johnstone, Meggy Hatin-Leveillee and last year’s team rookie of the year Mary-Jane O’Shea.

“We’re a very young team, so we need to take baby steps,” said Les Lawton the head coach of the Stingers. “We lost a lot of players, but every year you lose good players. I’m enthused about this season, I think we’re going to battle,” he said.

With Ottawa hosting the National Championships, and a free pass to the dance, the road to the championship for Concordia goes through the McGill Martlets. The latter have most players returning from a year ago, and a key recruit in Canadian national team member Charline Labont

0

Stingers in action: Results and pictures

Metro employees need a lesson in customer service