Native Montrealer reveals secrets to a successful life

In her book, Fernandes shares the six steps that helped change her life and can change your life too. After each step, she shares the “life lessons” she has learned in her journey to success.

Visualize dreams, set goals, stay focused, move forward, and live every moment with passion. these are just a few of the important steps to follow.

Too often, motivational books are written by “self-help gurus” as Fernandes calls them. “I come from humble beginnings,” she said. “I wasn’t raised with a silver spoon in my mouth.”

The Genuine You is unique because, unlike other motivational books, it does not dictate formulaic solutions to people’s complex problems.

“I’m just an ordinary person who decided to step outside her comfort zone and claimed the life that rightfully belonged to me. And the wonderful thing is that anyone can do this,” Fernandes said.

As university students, we are often unsure of our future.

“When you’re in school,” said Fernandes, “you seem to be confused with the future. Finding your path begins with finding out who you are and discovering the life that you want to lead. The Genuine You helps you do that and more.”

For many, the idea of finding the right life for them is hindered by opportunities for high income.

“Whatever you do in university has to be something that truly fulfills you and you have to believe that the money will come,” Fernandes said.

The Genuine You is a must for university students, according to the author.

“If I knew then what I know now, I would have made so many different choices” Fernandes said.

Fernandes gets you thinking. By telling her story, she encourages you to take a good look at your life and ask the right questions. She helps you find your inner power to live by your values and dreams and nobody else’s.

She shows you how to stay true to yourself, to trust your intuition and to not be distracted or influenced by what others think you should do.

Fernandes is often called a “superstar” by those closest to her. Not only is she an author, she is also a single mother of two boys, a motivational speaker, a life coach and an entrepreneur.

Fernandes is the founder of “Women Embracing Life”, a monthly workshop group that empowers women through networking and social activities.

She is the CEO of “Victoria Fernandes International”, a life-coaching company that allows her to nurture outstanding leadership in the personal and professional lives of her clients.

Recently, Fernandes has appeared on Global’s This Morning Live. Fernandes has also appeared on Luso Montr