On the tube – CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Before we begin, let me make a brief introduction: On Sept 21 of this year CSI fans across the nation tuned in to CTV to watch the show’s season premiere. This was the opening of the seventh season for CSI veterans William Petersen (Gil Grissom), Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows), Gary Dourdan (Warrick Brown), George Eads (Nick Stokes), Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle), Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders) and Paul Guilfoyle (LVPD Captain Jim Brass).

Before we begin, let me make a brief introduction:

On Sept 21 of this year CSI fans across the nation tuned in to CTV to watch the show’s season premiere. This was the opening of the seventh season for CSI veterans William Petersen (Gil Grissom), Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows), Gary Dourdan (Warrick Brown), George Eads (Nick Stokes), Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle), Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders) and Paul Guilfoyle (LVPD Captain Jim Brass). And what a season opening it was …

Actually, it’s been a tough couple of weeks for CSI fans. Well, this CSI fan at least. This season’s two-part opening “Built to Kill” left viewers disappointed at the lack of suspense, and missing story lines.

Catherine’s story line may have been an exception, but- to be honest – I’m a little tired of seeing it. Why can’t they just leave her alone?! First her ex-husband dies, then Warrick gets married (but then again, that was hard on all of us). Then the finds-out-Sam-is-her-Father thing (biologically speaking, of course), then her daughter gets kidnapped and then Sam gets murdered.

All that, and she used to be a stripper. Talk about a hard life!

Like any hard-core CSI fan, I decided to forgive Grissom and Sara, and all the gang for their disappointing season finale last season (although who could top the Quentin Tarantino guest-directed finale of Season Five, “Grave Digger”?).

Really, what was this business of exposing the relationship between Sara and Grissom as a cliff-hanger? Pause for effect … ALL SUMMER.

We eagerly await you, CSI … then we hear nothing of your season premiere? CTV clearly advertised Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Ghost Whisperer?! Please tell me your ratings haven’t fallen that low. I have to ask, is this the beginning of the end?

I know people have been asking this question since the beginning of Season Six when you failed to recover from the Tarantino finale. At the opening of last season I noticed you attempted to continue the Tarantino legacy. Mind you, without the same timing and talent as the great Quentin Tarantino.

After a few episodes you went back to the original style, your true CSI personality. Viewers forgave you, I forgave you. And you did some good things, CSI. You kept up with the “Grave Digger” story line. Little things changed in Nick’s character, the fear of insects and cautious manners when left alone.

The question left on my mind is, “Can you do the same thing with Grissom and Sara?” Show us a human Grissom … a Grissom that has a life outside of work. Will there be a CSI wedding? I, personally, would have preferred to see Catherine marry Warrick, after everything that woman has been through.

I know, I know, I’m harping on it, but the last real boyfriend she had cheated on her. The lady deserves some time to breathe and be happy.

CSI do you remember when you were the number one show? Did you think viewers would stick around “just because”?

0

Who will win the Stanley Cup?

Marshall's Law