Stingers escape Huskies bite

On paper, it looked like an exciting game, and it was. A sixth overtime field goal by Warren Kean to win the game for the hometown no. 4 ranked Concordia Stingers over the Saint Mary’s Huskies 34-31. Back-to-back turnovers on fumbles in the second overtime and a blocked 35-yard field goal in the fourth overtime were the biggest could-be turning points of an exciting game but it was a sixth-overtime interception by Sammy Okpro that allowed a 33-yard field goal by Kean, his ninth on the day, to win the game for Concordia and at the same time assure that the Stingers play at home in the QUFL semi-final against the Universit

On paper, it looked like an exciting game, and it was. A sixth overtime field goal by Warren Kean to win the game for the hometown no. 4 ranked Concordia Stingers over the Saint Mary’s Huskies 34-31.

Back-to-back turnovers on fumbles in the second overtime and a blocked 35-yard field goal in the fourth overtime were the biggest could-be turning points of an exciting game but it was a sixth-overtime interception by Sammy Okpro that allowed a 33-yard field goal by Kean, his ninth on the day, to win the game for Concordia and at the same time assure that the Stingers play at home in the QUFL semi-final against the Universit

0

THE BUZZ

Election promise accountability lacking at CSU