THE BUZZ

Donovan dynasty continues Patrick Donovan won his second consecutive President’s Trophy as top defensive player in Canada last week as part of Vanier Cup festivities. The fifth-year linebacker is graduating as the top defensive player in the CIS. It is the third straight season that a Stinger has won the award.

Donovan dynasty continues

Patrick Donovan won his second consecutive President’s Trophy as top defensive player in Canada last week as part of Vanier Cup festivities. The fifth-year linebacker is graduating as the top defensive player in the CIS. It is the third straight season that a Stinger has won the award. Pat’s older brother Mickey won the award two years ago. They are the first brothers to win the award back-to-back and Pat is the second player to win back-to-back President’s Trophy awards since the trophy’s inception. UBC’s Mike Emery repeated in 1981 and 1982.

Stinger cagers honoured

Steffanie Ramonas and Pat Perrotte of the women’s and men’s basketball teams were named Concordia athletes of the week.

Ramonas, a third-year guard and the Stingers went 1-1 over the weekend. She had 17 points and six rebounds in the team’s win over UQAM and had 10 points and five rebounds in a loss to the top team in Quebec, Laval.

Perrotte had two huge games for the male Stingers, who won two games this weekend. The fifth-year forward had 13 points and 10 rebounds against defending conference champion UQAM and racked up a Concordia season-high 36 points and six rebounds in their win over arch-nemesis Laval.

0

Getting Fit Part 3: Upper Body

Glorious Jabberwocky