THE BUZZ

Stinger all-stars The women’s rugby team saw three players named the conference’s best, while the football team saw eight players named to the QUFL all-star team. Women’s rugby captain Sydney Theriault was named to her second straight QSSF all-star team. The second-year fly half was the only Concordia player to be named an all-star for the second consecutive season.

Stinger all-stars

The women’s rugby team saw three players named the conference’s best, while the football team saw eight players named to the QUFL all-star team.

Women’s rugby captain Sydney Theriault was named to her second straight QSSF all-star team. The second-year fly half was the only Concordia player to be named an all-star for the second consecutive season. Flanker Vanessa Ng and No. 8 and Concordian contributor Larissa Andrusyshyn were first-time all-stars. The women’s rugby season came to a close last week after a hard-fought semi-final loss to McGill.

Six Concordia Stingers were repeat all-stars in the QUFL, which released its all-stars yesterday. Offensive lineman Keith Dauper, kicker Warren Kean, punter Mike Renaud, linebacker Pat Donovan and defensive backs Sammy Okpro and Modibo Sidibe claimed their all-star status from a year ago. Okpro was one of four unanimous selections. First-time all-stars for the Stingers were defensive tackle Mark Kang and cornerback Sylvester Sarfo.

Athletes of the Week

Melanie Poirier and Tyler Marghetis were Concordia’s athletes of the week. Poirier scored a goal in the women’s soccer team’s 3-1 win on Friday night and was named player of the game in her team’s 2-2 tie on Sunday, which was her last game as a Stinger.

Marghetis won the 76kg division at the Concordia Invitational Wrestling Tournament held on Sunday. His weight class was the largest, with 22 competitors.

Cross country team sets milestones

It was the best week the Concordia women’s cross country team has had. They finished third in the team event, with top finishes by Johanna Winters (5th) and captain Christina Lo Basso (8th). It was the team’s first podium finish.

The men’s team struggled in the sluggish conditions, finishing a distant fourth. They will compete in Quebec City this weekend in the CIS national championship.

0

THE BUZZ

Marshall's Law