Traveling Multimedia Festival Resfest at Ex-Centris

Resfest, Res Magazine’s film, music and design festival, turns 10 this year and will make a three-day stop this weekend (Nov. 24-26) at the Ex-Centris before it makes its way to over 30 other cities worldwide.

There will be multiple collections of short films and music videos, including a comprehensive retrospective of Radiohead’s video work.

The festival will also screen Rock the Bells, the feature length documentary of the reunion of the Wu Tang Clan members on the eve of Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s sudden death.

Of local interest are two collections of short films – one focuses on Canadian content and the other, entitled Quebec Gold, is a selection of recent Quebec film works.

Vice Magazine’s insane documentary Vice Guide to Travel will be screened in a special event sponsored by Paul Frank. The magazine’s creator takes a camera to the world’s most reckless and out of control regions.

Because Resfest turns 10 this year there will be two special retrospective screenings of archive material the festival has commissioned in the past, as well as a night of highlights from the festival’s 10 years.

There will be an opening party with DJs and accompanying video Friday night. Kid Koala will be performing at 4 p.m. Saturday via live video at the Ex Centris, then again at 8 p.m. at Le National.

For more info about Resfest 10 go to www.resfest.ca.