THE BUZZ

Athletes of the Week Victoria Johnstone and Patrick Lepage of the men’s and women’s hockey teams were named the Concordia athletes of the week Johnstone, a fourth-year defender with the Concordia Stingers, was the top player in a difficult 4-1 loss to the Ottawa Gee-Gees last Friday.

Athletes of the Week

Victoria Johnstone and Patrick Lepage of the men’s and women’s hockey teams were named the Concordia athletes of the week

Johnstone, a fourth-year defender with the Concordia Stingers, was the top player in a difficult 4-1 loss to the Ottawa Gee-Gees last Friday. She was solid in her own end and continued to display strong leadership.

Lepage, a third-year goaltender with the Stingers turned away 24 shots to blank the UQTR Patriotes 2-0 on Sunday. It was his first career shutout with the Stingers. Last Friiday he kept Concordia in the game versus the McGill Redmen. He saved 43 of 47 shots in a tough 4-2 loss.

This week in Concordia Athletics

The men’s and women’s basketball team play a double header on Friday at UQAM starting with the women at 6 p.m.

The men’s hockey team sets off for a trip to Toronto, playing the University of Toronto on Friday and Ryerson on Saturday.

The women’s hockey team is the busiest of them all. Friday and Saturday they will be playing off-campus games against St. F.X. and Saint Mary’s and will be returning back to the Ed Meagher arena on Sunday against Dalhousie.

0

By the Book

Glorious Jabberwocky