Getting Active at Concordia

Looking to get your game on at university? Think you can put a team together that can take on any and all on the basketball court? The chance to prove your skills and have fun at the same time is here with the upcoming registration for Concordia University’s intra-mural sports program.
Whatever your passion or skill level may be there is a sport for you. Here’s what’s available:

Basketball: Registration for the ‘hardcourt’ begins Sept. 4. the league is co-ed and open to all, with priority given to Concordia students. You can either form a team or enter your name on a draft team.

Indoor Soccer: Registration begins Sept. 4. This league is divided into two skill levels, is co-ed and open to all. All games are played at Loyola gymnasium on Wednesday nights.

Ice Hockey: Easily Concordia’s most popular league, it featured over 40 teams last year. Advance registration for returning teams runs from Sept. 6 – 7 from 5 – 9 p.m. Registration for new teams and individuals will begin Monday, Sept. 10 at 5 p.m.

Outdoor Soccer: Registration begins September 4. Team rates are $300 while registering as a draft player will cost $30. Matches are played Sundays between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.

Ultimate Frisbee: Registration begins Sept. 4 for returning teams, while new teams have between Sept. 5 – 7 to sign up. The league is co-ed and is split up into three divisions.

Volleyball: The league is split into two skill divisions. Advanced players are scheduled for Monday night games while intermediate and beginner players play on Thursday nights. Registration begins Sept. 4 and is open to all.
Registration is done at the Campus Recreation Office in the Athletic Complex on Loyola campus (room PA-104).
The university also offers sports clubs for baseball, cross-country running, curling, golf, and skiing.

Going to the Gym?

EV Fitness Centre (Le Gym)

Getting strung out is a fact of life. Fortunately there is a haven for people looking to fit in some yoga or Pilates between classes. The EV fitness centre has got you covered with classes for each discipline happening at noon and 5 p.m. Located on the Sir George Williams campus in the Engineering and Visual Arts Pavillion. The fitness centre houses 150 workout stations spread over 10,000 square-feet of gym space. The workout stations are state-of-the-art, with 75 stations devoted to Technogym advanced cardio development machines and the other 75 providing strength training with Atlantis workout equipment. A trained staff is available at all times to answer any questions, and personal trainers are also available. Other activities offered at the fitness centre include tae box, morning aerobics, muscle toning, fitness, and aerobics classes. Martial arts courses are also available to those looking to kick it up a notch (pun fully intended-so sorry).
ConU offers classes in aikido, capoeira, kendo, karate, tai chi, ninjitsu, iaido and kickboxing.

Opening hours for the gym run from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday to Friday, Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.