Long Ride Home: ConU drops first game of the season

The No. 6 Concordia Stingers had to endure a long 14 hour bus ride back to Montreal after losing their first game of the season to the No. 7 ranked Saint Mary’s Huskies 34-21 on Saturday afternoon. Stingers quarterback Rob Mackay went 10 for 21, 144 yards passing with one touchdown and one interception as the Stingers dropped their first game of the season losing to the Saint-Mary’s Huskies 34-21 in front of the Huskie faithful.

The No. 6 Concordia Stingers had to endure a long 14 hour bus ride back to Montreal after losing their first game of the season to the No. 7 ranked Saint Mary’s Huskies 34-21 on Saturday afternoon.
Stingers quarterback Rob Mackay went 10 for 21, 144 yards passing with one touchdown and one interception as the Stingers dropped their first game of the season losing to the Saint-Mary’s Huskies 34-21 in front of the Huskie faithful.
A two yard rushing touchdown from Cedric Ferdinand and a 33-yard touchdown from Mackay to Curtis Gates were not enough to fend off the Huskies which erased a fourteen-point deficit following the first quarter
Saint Mary’s quarterback Eric Glavic went 21 for 32, 264 yards passing with three touchdowns, one rushing touchdown and led all rushers with 82 yards from scrimmage. as the Huskies are 3-0 in the season for the first time since 2003.
Huskies Cart Hardwick led all receivers with 77 yards. He and Glavic connected for six catches.
The Stingers will try and regroup for next week as the face division rival Universit

0

ConU Roundup: Lady Stingers fall to Laval in soccer, rugby

Electro-Shock