THE BUZZ

Win your tuition and books The Concordia Stingers football team’s season opener will be played this Friday at Loyola. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Concordia students planning on attending Friday’s season opener will have the chance to win free tuition and books for a year if they sign up to the tuition giveaway contest offered by Concordia’s department of athletics and recreation.

Win your tuition and books

The Concordia Stingers football team’s season opener will be played this Friday at Loyola. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Concordia students planning on attending Friday’s season opener will have the chance to win free tuition and books for a year if they sign up to the tuition giveaway contest offered by Concordia’s department of athletics and recreation. All students are encouraged to fill out the Web form on the Concordia athletics website. Doing so will enter your name in the draw and also provide you free seats for the game.
Prior to the match there will be a moment of silence observed for former Concordia Stinger and Hall of Fame member Nick Benjamin who succumbed to kidney disease at the age of 46. Benjamin was a star offensive lineman for the Stingers who went on to play nine seasons in the Canadian Football League. He will be honoured along with former teammates of the 1982 Quebec Cup winning Concordia team at halftime of the homecoming football game on Sept. 29.

Tickets! Get your tickets!

Tickets to all football games are $4 for students, provided you show your Concordia ID card. For non-Concordia students and those who forget the card the admission price is $10. All men’s and women’s hockey and basketball matches cost $3 for students.
Don’t feel like paying but still want to catch some sports? Admission is free for all men’s and women’s rugby and soccer matches.
Any children under 12 get free admission to all ConU sports games.
You can catch a few Stingers football games on the English sports network The SCORE and the French sports network RDS, starting with the ConU-Bishop’s match this Friday.
Notices for televised matches will be posted online at the Stingers website.

0

The Semester in Pictures

Sex, death and rock 'n roll