THE BUZZ

Men’s Rugby Concordia got their first win of the season Sunday afternoon following a 24-17 victory against the Sherbrooke Vert et Or at Loyola Field. The team now improves to 1-2 this season and will look to reach the .500 mark when the play host to the ETS Piranhas this Wednesday night at 9:00pm at Loyola field.

Men’s Rugby

Concordia got their first win of the season Sunday afternoon following a 24-17 victory against the Sherbrooke Vert et Or at Loyola Field. The team now improves to 1-2 this season and will look to reach the .500 mark when the play host to the ETS Piranhas this Wednesday night at 9:00pm at Loyola field.

Athletes of the Week

Sydney Theriault of the women’s rugby team and Eric Van Thiel of the men’s rugby team are this week’s athletes of the week.
Theriault, a fifth-year flyhalf with thewomen’s rugby team, scored two tries in Concordia’s 44-0 victory over the Bishop’s Gaiters last Friday. Van Thiel, a third-year hooker with the Stingers, scored the winning try in a 24-17 victory against Sherbrooke.

On the Ice

The Concordia University Women’s hockey team split their two games at the Brock University Tournament, beating hosts Brock 5-1 and losing to Guelph 3-0. The team will have another tournament to use as a tune up for the regular season when they travel to the University of Toronto for a three game set against Ottawa, Toronto, and McGill.

On the Diamond

The Stingers baseball club now sits at 4-6 after a two game trip to Ottawa to face Carleton. ConU lost the first match 8-4 before coming back to win the second 3-2. The team will head on the road again to face John Abbot in a pair of games on Tuesday and Thursday.

Homecoming Game!

The Stingers football team will play their annual Homecoming/Hall of Fame game against the UdeM Carabins Saturday, Sept. 29 at 1 p.m. on Loyola Field.

0

ConU Roundup: Lady Stingers fall to Laval in soccer, rugby

Electro-Shock