THE BUZZ

Gearing up for playoffs The Stingers women’s rugby team completed a season sweep of the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees when they won their second meeting 30-7. Jenn Rosenbaum scored three tries and Sydney Theriault added two more to lead the Stingers to victory.

Gearing up for playoffs

The Stingers women’s rugby team completed a season sweep of the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees when they won their second
meeting 30-7. Jenn Rosenbaum scored three tries and Sydney Theriault added two more to lead the Stingers to victory. Concordia is now ranked No. 2 in the QUFL behind Laval and will head to
Percival Molson Stadium this Thursday to face the Martlets in the regular season finale.

Payback time for Stingers

Following a two week break Concordia’s men’s rugby squad will look to go above .500 for the first time this season when they host the McGill Redmen
Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Stingers are 2-2 and enter the second half of their season in the thick of the playoff hunt following victories against Sherbrooke and ETS.

Women’s basketball

The women’s basketball team will begin their exhibition season with a tournament in Manitoba, playing matches against
Manitoba, Simon Fraser, and Toronto. The team has two additional tourneys in Alberta and Laval before they open their regular season at Bishop’s next month.

Winlesss week for soccer teams

Concordia’s soccer teams had a rough weekend, with the men’s and women’s squads dropping decisions to UQAM and Sherbrooke. The men’s team failed to score in either match, losing 2-0 both to the Citadins and Vert et Or. The Stingers women did not fare much better, losing 2-0 to UQAM and 2-1 to Sherbrooke. Both the Concordia squads will get an opportunity to equalize the season series against these teams when they play again this weekend.

0

By the Numbers

A Conversation with Mathew Hays on The View from Up Here