Undead screamo hardcore band rocks out

Adead Motion is very much alive. The band rocked out at Festival Emergenza, the biggest festival for unsigned bands. They competed with five other bands to get to the second round. And they did.
Adead Motion is Simon Trudeau (vocals), Marc-André Gagnon (guitar), Thibaut Porret (guitar), Vincent Joly (drums) and Jean-David Brisebois (bass), “a screamo hardcore” band. The band is made up of five francophones who want to rock out in English and with style. Trudeau, explained that he writes in English because “the biggest part of the scene is English.” And that because they are proud of being francophone they will eventually record a song in French.” There is a big world outside Quebec,” he said. “Singing in English is therefore much more effective right now.
Even though none of them wear make-up, skinny jeans or Megadeth t-shirts, Gagnon swears they’re all about metal. “We’re metal by ourselves, not because of make-up.” Also, they party like rock stars on a set so small that they can’t really move. During their first round at Emergenza, Porret was hit on the head by Brisebois’ bass, and thirty minutes after the end of the set he was still bleeding. The stage was really small, and it prevented the band from doing their usual shenanigans. Gagnon, a blue belt in karate usually kicks around,but on Friday though, this was a no-no.
Ahead motion was up against six bands at Katacombes on Oct. 26, Curse of Bloods/Pure Blood, Prometheus, Killer Instinct, Photoplayer and Falling Anvils, and played last. The three bands which managed to receive the most clapping/screaming/hands in the air got to stick around for the second round. Ahead Motion won its place to participate in the second round, which will take place in January.
In the mean time, the band has some other bigger plans in the works. The band is focusing on the next Emergenza round in January, and on developing merchandise in the mean time. T-Shirts are in progress, as well as a re-edition of their demo Curses and Cures, the taping of their new CD and a tour.