Wing Day declares War on Valentines Day

There’s little chance if you live in this country, that you can escape the culinary pressures of Valentines Day. If you are in a relationship, it is expected that you go out of your way to create something special, or take your partner somewhere special.

Normally, I’d be more than interested in discovering a new culinary dish. However, I do hate to have it forced on me so in the last couple of years I’ve declared war on Valentines Day the only way I know how; I celebrate Wing Day.

“But what is Wing Day? What do you have against Valentines Day?”

Wing Day was started years ago by a good friend of mine in response to many single people she knew. She invited them over and ordered chicken wings from Buffalo Bills. We concluded that it was much more pleasant to share wings than to buy into the romantic demands of a holiday created to sell embossed lace greeting cards.

A 10 piece set of wings at Buffalo Bills will run you $9. You choose the type of wings (Traditional, Crispy, Wing-its) as well as the sauces (Honey Mustard, Honey BBQ, Medium, Hot, 4-Alarm, 911, Sweet & Sour, Sweet Chili, Honey Garlic). The “Wing-its” is new to me. Apparently, it seems to be some sort of boneless chicken wing, which tends to just defeat the point of eating wings in the first place. However, for those who dislike getting their hands dirty, I can see how a plate of “Wing-its” and a fork could make celebrating Wing Day much more pleasurable.

A word of caution, the “4-alarm” and “911” flavour sauces are indeed tongue meltingly hot. “4-alarm” being the hottest I’ve ever been able to handle, I’d suggest staying away from them unless you enjoy the sensation of your mouth being doused in napalm.

This coming 14th of February, declare war on Valentines day and Embrace Wing Day. Fight back against an oppressive greeting card company ploy.

Buffalo Bills

4004 St Catherine W
514-932-2455
Delivery: 514-948-4444