Student’s Corner seeks submissions!

If you would like to write a story or poem, please e-mail [email protected]

0

Concordia bounced out in semifinal by Citadins

Code red: life in Sderot

Whiskey Trench raise a glass to country roots

Is Johnny Cash "punk"? According to Mike Sokolyk and Chris Snelgrove of the Montreal quartet Whiskey Trench, he sure is. Formed in the winter of 2005, Whiskey Trench has been playing music they way it should be: For the love of it, and with a true understanding of where their music came from.

Notes on Notes on a Scandal

Notes on a Scandal is a drama, bordering on the suspense/thriller genre, directed by Richard Eyre. It is an adaptation of Zoe Heller's novel of the same title and deals essentially with love, lust, deceit and betrayal. Patrick Marber, who created the powerful screenplay for Closer, wrote the script and he delivers another piece of fantastic work.

Whispers of the wind

What is to be, from now to then, enlightening queries seekers pursue to know. Yet truth only revealing itself to the very few who in spite shortcomings take on the journey. Honour, love, achievement not easily earned by one swing but a million. One step forward undoubtedly leaving one behind.

PILOTDRIFT

In support of Supergrass, Texan rockers Pilotdrift will play Montreal's La Tulipe on February 7. The chance to open for one of their favourite bands is not the only thing that Pilotdrift enjoy about touring. Guitarist John David Blagg explains, "The thing we enjoy the most about it is just building relationships and meeting people and getting to play alongside our musical heroes.