Cute Is What We Aim For

Heading to Montreal for their second concert in the city, punk rock band Cute Is What We Aim For is looking forward to sharing the stage with headliner Simple Plan.
“We’re really thankful to have the opportunity to play with Simple Plan, especially here in their home town,” said vocalist Shaant Hacikyan.
The Buffalo-based band has changed their lineup more times in the past three years than some bands do in their entire career. The latest member to leave is drummer Tom Falcone.
“I simply left the band because the personality conflicts and daily drama made it impossible for me to live a peaceful, happy life.” Falcone said in an official statement to AbsolutePunk.
“We have gone through a few members,” Hacikyan laughed. “But I don’t think it’s detrimental,” added bassist Dave Melillo. “The only thing a changing lineup does is inject new energy into the band.”
Melillo, who began touring with the band in 2007 as a backup rhythm guitarist, is currently the band’s official bass player and shows no intention to bail on Cute.
“When I came into the band, everyone started getting along again and it made everybody happy to write,” he said.
Cute founder and frontman Hacikyan isn’t concerned with the several recent changes to the band’s lineup.
“I’m not nervous about it at all. I’m happy making music and touring and I want to keep going. I focus on what is really important.”
What is important to Hacikyan is that he is confident that he has found members who share the same goals, views and above all, an aim at longevity for Cute.
“I’ve learned that people in this business come and go. But we have a core of three people who really want to do this.” Hacikyan smiled.
“As long as we have that, whoever comes and goes doesn’t really matter anymore.”