Student Corner Needs your Submissions!

If you would like to submit a short story or poem, please e-mail [email protected]

0

Knocked Up and Juno meets Election

Making Nerds of us All

Band Banter

With a song playing on mix96, a recent performance at the American Music Awards and the Celtics' half-time show, The All-American Rejects have a lot to be smiling about. To top it off, their sophomore record Move Along is a hit everywhere. The Concordian spoke with the band's guitarist Nick Wheeler when the band stopped in Montreal not too long ago.

The Issues

Arts Over the last few months, the Conservatives have enacted legislation that will see between $43 and $46 million in cuts from arts groups' budgets. Surely, arts groups say, this must demonstrate the depth of the Conservatives' mal-intent towards the cultural community? Well, as it happens, the answer is no.

Art in motion

Montreal dance enthusiasts never cease to amaze me. After last week's presentation of Sankai Juku's Kagemi - Beyond the Metaphors of Mirrors, I expected them to reserve a cold reception to this minimalist and demanding work. Instead, they rose to their feet and applauded warmly.

Nailing an interview in tight job market

We're at that point where we are soon to be graduates, we'll step into a zone where the real world begins. The beginning of a new direction in life. You have to find a career, leave the best times of university behind and reach for that goal you studied for.